Day 12 Candling

SammyKay

Chirping
Jan 4, 2024
Well all my eggs died but 2 and the ones that survived have some strange air cells. Is there anything I can do to help them? Both look like the embryo is still alive. I still see intact veins and they are growing a little more each day. I've started taking the eggs out for 10 minutes to get to room temp and then misting them before putting them back into the incubator. Also I can't tell if the air cell is too big or too small since again they are both weirdly shaped. I suspect from being shipped. 20240118_184533.jpg
20240118_184656.jpg

I wouldn’t be taking them out of the incubator so often like that.
I think I read in a few places that you take them out starting day 10 to mimic the mother leaving the nest, but if it's not going to be good for them I definitely don't want to do anything to lower their chances 😰

I think I read in a few places that you take them out starting day 10 to mimic the mother leaving the nest, but if it's not going to be good for them I definitely don't want to do anything to lower their chances 😰
Best thing to do is leave them be. I took my chicken out for a minute at day 20 tapping and talking to it trying to encourage it to hatch.

Looks like saddle air cells
Usually from shipping but my duck somehow managed to cause it in all her eggs her first time broody
She was my only female at the time abd the eggs never left her nest area
As long as the air cell is in tack I would continue doing what you are
Babies can hatch with saddle air cells
Some need assisting and others don’t
They may or may not come early
Watch for shadowing in the lower part of the air cell
Egg rocking and one side of the air cell will dip forward farther
Do lockdown then even if it’s 1-2 days early or later then by the book day 25

Back
Top Bottom