HELP!!! DAY 30 AND NO PIPS BUT THEYRE ALIVE?!?!!

Aug 17, 2019
Middle of North Carolina
Please respond ASAP. It’s day 30 of duck eggs. No hatches no pip. I just picked some of my eggs up and they were make noises and they’re heart was beating fast and I candeled them. I thought They died but I was very wrong. I thought about making a safety hole but I just put them back. Did I just shrink wrap them? Do I need to help them? Did I just kill them by scaring them? Please respond i’m freaking out.

Hang in there.

They are in an incubator right? Being the membrane is not exposed I think the risk of shrink wrapping is very low.

I am not a hatcher but others will be along shortly. I will tag a few duck folks that may be online.

@Miss Lydia @DuckyDonna @Isaac 0 would any of you be on and able to lend your knowledge?
The ducklings are very active inside the egg. I’m just worried they don’t have oxygen or I shrink wrapped them. I don’t think they internally pipped yet but I could very much be wrong. I could feel the chick move inside the egg when I held it.

If your hearing peeping, and felt them moving, they have likely internally pipped, but if they were mine, I'd probably do a quick candle to see if they have, and if they have internally pipped, just make a small safety hole. I hatch a lot of Calls which require a lot of assisting during lockdown, therefore I have to open the incubator more than several times during lockdown to help them, so to answer your question, no you did not kill them, as long as you keep the humidity high, and temp high they'll be fine.

Do you know how to make a safety hole?

I would probably look up a few "internally pipped" photos, so you can see what it should look like before you candle.

What is your humidity at? It should be at least 70-75%. If it is they are probably not going to get shrink wrapped and you just need to be patient. You already know they are alive and active so that should make you feel better. Your temperature should be 98,5°F which is 36.94°C

Back
Top Bottom