HELP!!!!! did eggtopsy and its still alive!!!!! *sad update*

Quote:
lau.gif

Sorry, didn't' mean to be so harsh.

The wet paper towel will still evaporate, and evaporation causes cooling. Wrap saran wrap around the wet paper towel, so it can warm up faster. Don't block the chick's access to air.

If you follow the "Don't touch until the end of day 25 rule", you will have better luck hatching live chicks. Sometimes helping does more harm than good. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
smile.png

i'm worried about the chick! i'm at school at the moment (the school has laptops for students and i'm in a study hall so its ok to be on the internet right now) i'm worried the chick will dry up! my parents do go home briefly during the day and i told them to put water in the sponge when they go home. but the sponge may not be enough! the chick may just shrink rap
fl.gif

Nothing you can do about it right now. It's hard to be patient and wait, but the chick has to do some of the work here. If it was moving and what not this morning, that's all you can hope for......give us an update when you get home.

Quote:
Not all chicks do peep. That is why on day 23 I suggested you opening the egg. I've had plenty of babies who didn't peep before they hatched.

Hatching is a very tiring process. The reason they pip internally then rest is too boost up their energy to pip the shell. Then they rest then they zip. Some chicks do the whole thing in a matter of hours, some take days.

Some chicks peep the whole way through. Some peep for a while and stop and some don't peep until after they hatch.

Every baby is different.

Back
Top Bottom