Help! Do I need to intervene!?

I went ahead and put a hole in the membrane, no bleeding. The couple of blood vessels still there look dark red and thin, and most of it is clear with no vessels. Should I go ahead and peel back the membrane, or should I wait and give her time to adjust to air? If so, how long? It's 9pm here and I'm a little worried about leaving her as she is over night
Go ahead and peel it. At this point she probably can't get out so the sooner the better

Not really any progress so far! On day 19 now, I have seen a little bit of rocking, so I have to assume the chick is alive and moving, but can't hear any peeping. There is the slightest crack on the surface of the egg that I noticed (I think) on the beginning of day 18, or end of day 17. It's kind of like a triangle and I thought perhaps the chick was pipping, but theres been nothing else since. I tried to get a photo but it won't show up. It looks like a pip but there's no actual hole, just maybe cracks. Do you think it sounds like a pip? If so, should I worry that the chick is unable to make a hole or zip, or is she just not ready? I'm a little worried but I'm trying not to despair too much since they can be as late as day 20 or even 21.
I'm ready and waiting to intervene, but I also don't want to rush in, incase she's still alive and absorbing the yolk still! This is my first try hatching, so I'm waiting impatiently over here :confused:

Back
Top Bottom