Help! Does anyone know anything about weed eaters?

Jeniferl29

Songster
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Adairsville, GA
I need help. I was weed eating around the chicken coops and the ditch out front of our house and I think I broke my weed eater. The thing is, it is less than 3 weeks old. :( it is a Murray. We bought it at Walmart and have only used it 3 times! It just cut off and then when I try to pull the cord to crank it, it only comes out a little ways. I think the motor seized up but why? We mixed the gas and oil correctly and have not had any other trouble from it. Should we just take it back? What could cause this to happen? Thanks in advance for any input.

Take it back. A big ticket item like that should be no problem to exchange, in fact, most have a 1 year factory warranty. My personal opinion: buy big ticket items such as weedeaters and mowers at a retailer that will back the quality for years to come, Wal-Mart has no such service department.

I will definatly do that next time. Unfortunately now I cant find my receipt. Jeez! My husband is on his way to Walmart right now to see if they will do anything. At least we still had the original box. I can't believe we lost the receipt. Wish us luck. :(

Well he called a few minutes ago and they did exchange but they didn't have that model in stock any more. We traded for a similar model that was $9 cheaper. I am just so glad they exchanged it. Whew

Back
Top Bottom