HELP! Does anyone know what his lump on my silkies head is???

arena26

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 20, 2013

Does anyone know what this lump on my silkies head is? is it normal?
idunno.gif

Okay thanks! I was looking at pictures of other silkies and couldn't find any with it so i got worried.

That's his comb or in silkie roos it is also called a "nut." Looks like you have a boy. The females do not generally have this or if they do it is very small.

That's his comb or in silkie roos it is also called a "nut." Looks like you have a boy. The females do not generally have this or if they do it is very small.
No, it is not called a nut. All silkies have a walnut comb (that is the name of the type of comb; the comb that most folks think about is the sawtooth shaped single comb; silkies should not have a single comb). Female combs are generally much smaller than male combs, regardless of breed. Many breeders work for quite small combs in the boys.

No, it is not called a nut. All silkies have a walnut comb (that is the name of the type of comb; the comb that most folks think about is the sawtooth shaped single comb; silkies should not have a single comb). Female combs are generally much smaller than male combs, regardless of breed. Many breeders work for quite small combs in the boys.

Thanks for the info!!! I hope i have a girl here!!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom