Help! Dog Attack.

The girls are seeming a little better today. They have both walked around a little and "talked".
ya.gif
I have been dosing them up on purified water with some special stuff it in (DH is a animal feed supplement salesman.
big_smile.png
), high nutrition feed with de and other good things; then I mixed yogurt and oats with b vits, goldenseal, vitamin c packets, inulin, and probios. Sprayed their backs again with blue-kote.....they were less than impressed about that.
smile.png
LOL They must be feeling better. Both of them have laid an egg....probably one that was up in there.

Sounds great and happy to hear they are both up moving around and laying again, thank goodness your dh knows the right stuff. keep us updated. and watch out for them dogs you know they'll be back..

shes eating better today but still not even trying to get up but i feel like you do i dont want to leave her hurting i just dont know how long to give her
sad.png
the worst thing is the people who owns the dog after i spoke with them and said to tie the dog up well they havent even bother and now i feel like i cant even let them out im to scared ..my chicken that came home after 3 days is up and about and back with his friends:)..plus i understand how mad you were i love animals and would never hurt one but if i catch that dog here i wont say what il do!!!! let me know how your girls get on im glad there doing a little better...i dont think my girl will get better i think we'l have to have her put down but i wana gave her another few day as shes eating much better since yesterday and doesnt look to be in any pain ... oh and my girl is going to the toilet and theres no blood in it would there but if there was inside problem???

Is building a fortified run in the possibilities? Unfortunately, the dog is just doing what dogs are programmed to do.

Since I have dogs (and one already attacked a chick) we are finishing up a big extra fortified run and coop where they will be safe and I don't have to stress out every time I let the dogs out.

Last edited:
top off her back there was a great big hole really deep its healed over now and i think its itches her because she trys get at it....
pens it up now so they are good and safe now!! not im still looking all the time cause i know the dog is out still............... really happy your girls are doing well great news!!!!!gives me some hope x

yep hang in there with her, just as it takes time for us to heal from a serious injury, the same with them, but your a good nurse so hopefully she'll be up in no time.

I took the girls outside today, as the weather was nice. I have a coop and a greenhouse side by side with chicken wire separating the two and both surrounded in electric netting. Adults live in the coop and 5 wk old babies live in the greenhouse.....so anyhow, I put the girls in the run in front of the babies. They hobbled around a little, spent most of the time laying on the ground, pecking around them. They are both eating and drinking, and one of them laid another egg today!
big_smile.png
She is the one who wouldn't walk at all, but she seems to be healing faster and she only had one bite mark. The other girl had several bite marks, but she would limp around. I think she was actually injured worse....but she is the more fiesty one so she seems less injured.
wink.png

just as it takes time for us to heal from a serious injury, the same with them

My honey says them getting shook by a dog is like us getting ran over by a semi....we'd be in hospital for a month!
lol.png
So....I expect it to take a few weeks for them to be completely better.
really happy your girls are doing well great news!!!!!gives me some hope x

Me too! Don't give up! Give her some really good nutrition....I think that's why mine are doing so well. I am stuffing vitamins and natural things down them like crazy.​

hey all still not walking but back to eating everything been to town and the feed shop told me which food to get with alot of vits and stuff to make her stronger and build her up its hard for me to find things cause i dont speak very good greek but im trying but she looks well ive even noticed that with one of her legs shes puting a little weight on it not standing but pushing down on it like shed like to get up im just going to keep trying! im other lad is great running around back with his friend but i think hes getting a little cheeky!! think her knows he was getting spoiled!!!
lol.png

Good morning and glad to hear both of you are seeing progress, it takes time so just keep doing what your doing and hang in there, your both great chicken drs.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom