HELP! DRAKE ATTACK

Hey ya'll,
This whole situation has caused me a ton of grief and upset this evening.
I'm struggling to find someone to get Hopper and Pipsqueak (drake & hen mallard). Most everyone inquiring wants one or the other and I really don't want to separate them.

My reasoning for this is Hopper just lost his buddy I raised him with (got hit by a car). Pipsqueak just lost her drake (somehow drowned in the pool out there still have NO CLUE how it happened). I have cried for days over these ducks and their imprinted buddies I raised them with. They finally have seemed to recover and find comfort in one another. Would I be terrible to separate them???

Furthermore, I love all my ducks and don't like the idea of getting rid of any but fear Hopper will injure Paddles (my pekin drake). My only option to separate them is to put one set in the old pen I was keeping my rescue gals in but I've had evidence of wild animals trying to get in there.
Does anyone have real words of wisdom? My husband thinks I'm nuts because I'm so upset over this issue.

You want to keep them safe and you want to keep your sanity. I understand just what your saying. I wouldn’t separate them because ducks don’t do well on their own they need other ducks. So try and wait until the best offer comes along and you’ll know that will be the best place for them in the meantime you could put the Mallard couple in the old pen during the day so the boys won’t fight and if you have a dog crate you could put them inside that in your secure coop at night that would keep them all together but separated. Just some options.

You want to keep them safe and you want to keep your sanity. I understand just what your saying. I wouldn’t separate them because ducks don’t do well on their own they need other ducks. So try and wait until the best offer comes along and you’ll know that will be the best place for them in the meantime you could put the Mallard couple in the old pen during the day so the boys won’t fight and if you have a dog crate you could put them inside that in your secure coop at night that would keep them all together but separated. Just some options.
All good ideas. Thanks for the insight!

Back
Top Bottom