HELP! DRAKE ATTACK

AmberLittlejohn

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Upstate South Carolina
Has anyone any experience on a mallard drake attacking a pekin drake? I have two pekin girls and one mallard girl as well and they are being left alone. Recently my mallard drake has went bananas and started terrorizing my pekin male. Hes been pulling his feathers out and latching onto him. I even witnessed him trying to pull him into the pool. What in the world is going on?

Hormones, might be a good idea to separate the two boys with their females. I don't have two drakes that fight but a gander and a drake and it can get nasty so they get time away from each other.
Just kills me they have been around each other for a year now a d have never had an issue until I got girls.

Maybe get one more mallard girl that way the one mallard girl that you have won’t become bald?
I have another mallard girl and a pekin girl (ducklings) they aren't ready to go outside yet. And the girls are being left alone my mallard drake is attacking my pekin drake. I'm thinking of just selling the two mallard, I'm almost 6 months pregnant and they're stressing me out.

Miss Lydia has given great advice. During the breeding season it will be necessary to separate them or selling the mallards would be another solution. Understand that when the young drake matures you may have the same problem next spring. It's all about making sure that their DNA gets to carry on.

Back
Top Bottom