HELP! Dropped day 19 egg.

Sorry for the delay. One of the other eggs hatched. Not seeing any signs of life for Jack. I hope the other egg hatches or this one baby will be all alone until the middle of next week.
It'll be fine alone if need be. Especially if it's just a few days. I've raised a few singles over the years. Not ideal but they turned out fine.

So, I just decided to remove what was left of the shell over the air cell because it didn't look like it was still alive. What I could see of the inner membrane was just bloody egg fluids. Looks like the poor thing bled out in the egg. It was definitely dead. I know I saw a little blood on the outside, but it looks like it was pretty catastrophic.

It doesn't look good for the third egg. The air cell is draw way down on one side and I see no evidence of internal pips.

I have three guinea eggs due between Wednesday/Friday. So hopefully I should get a buddy for my remaining baby. It looks like it came from my LF White Cornish hen and one of my Dark Cornish cocks. The pure Darks usually have wild type down. I needed to hobble the chick. One leg was a bit splayed.
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0112.JPG

So, I just decided to remove what was left of the shell over the air cell because it didn't look like it was still alive. What I could see of the inner membrane was just bloody egg fluids. Looks like the poor thing bled out in the egg. It was definitely dead. I know I saw a little blood on the outside, but it looks like it was pretty catastrophic.

It doesn't look good for the third egg. The air cell is draw way down on one side and I see no evidence of internal pips.

I have three guinea eggs due between Wednesday/Friday. So hopefully I should get a buddy for my remaining baby. It looks like it came from my LF White Cornish hen and one of my Dark Cornish cocks. The pure Darks usually have wild type down. I needed to hobble the chick. One leg was a bit splayed.
View attachment 2086824View attachment 2086825View attachment 2086826
Thanks for the update!

You gave it a good try

Oh, coconut oil. Never would have thought of that. Had something similar but used Saran Wrap to cover just the open part. Chick hatch out just fine 2 days later and we called her Saran. She’s almost a year old now and laying great, got a couples of chicks from her this year. They are tough little things.

Back
Top Bottom