HELP Duck Eggs day 27 still "shadowing"

graypes

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
They are so close to internally pipping but they are all still moving against the inner membrane. My incubation was too humid early on so I ran it dry for the last week (around 25%) to grow the air cells but now I'm really worried that they're shrink-wrapped. Humidity inside the hatcher is around 70% right now and three eggs have been in there for two days while the other four have been in there overnight. I'm mainly worried about the first three eggs because they have all been shadowing for about two days now and I'm concerned maybe the membrane is too tough for them to breakthrough? Do I just need to be patient?

I am not going to assist unless I absolutely must bc I fear I may misjudge the situation and do it to early and wind up killing the duckling on accident, so nobody worry I'm not gonna go cracking open the shell right now--I just want to know if it is normal for shadowing to go on this long without internally pipping? There is no tapping or peeping and I'm almost 100% sure they're all still shadowing...

WHAT CAN I DO????? WILL THEY BE OKAY???

They need to internally pip before you can really do any kind of assisting....
Yeah I figured as much plus I really don’t want to assist at all (like after they pipped) bc I feel like I’d blunder it. Are there other things thought I can do to make it easier on them, like raising the humidity? I don’t want to drown them. I’m already at 70%

In your experience is such a long shadowing time normal?

Back
Top Bottom