Help!! Duck has stopped hatching

emmabrown906

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
Hi my duck externally pipped over 48 hours ago. Only thing I can see is it’s beak. It also seems upside down in the shell. Do I need to help it? My other duck pipped and hatched all in one day(today)

Is it moving at all? What day did it start hatching? This sort of thing happens to me all the time. Usually they start piping before they are fully developed and since they are too young, die inside the shell. I would open up the shell a little to see if it is still alive. If it is, open it up enough so it can push its way out itself. If it can't get out after that, then open the egg for it. I hope that it's OK!

Is it moving at all? What day did it start hatching? This sort of thing happens to me all the time. Usually they start piping before they are fully developed and since they are too young, die inside the shell. I would open up the shell a little to see if it is still alive. If it is, open it up enough so it can push its way out itself. If it can't get out after that, then open the egg for it. I hope that it's OK!
It’s day 31 for it today. It externally pipped on Friday but the beak was still in membrane but on Saturday morning when I looked it had popped out the membrane. Yes it’s still alive the beak keeps moving

It’s day 31 for it today. It externally pipped on Friday but the beak was still in membrane but on Saturday morning when I looked it had popped out the membrane. Yes it’s still alive the beak keeps moving
I'm not an expert on ducks ( I'm a chicken person), but it seems like he has been in there a long time. I think it may be nessisary it help him out. Could you post a picture so I could see how large the hole is? @Eggcessive, what do you think?

I’ve been talking to someone else who said to remove part of the shell and membrane so I have done that just hope she pushes herself out now

Back
Top Bottom