Help duck in pain looking to use cbd

BombChelleBlast

Hatching
Oct 18, 2020
Hello my duck was attacked on Monday. We took her to the vet. Got her antibiotics, pain and a cream to put on her. They wanted to do a surgery but very worried she wouldn't wake up. So we took the route of caring for her at home in our house. Since then she has gotten better during the day when she is awake she plays in the water and enjoys seeing her duck friend. But it's when she wants to lay down it hurts her so bad. I'm looking for a cbd to use to help her. I'm also very worried she picks though her food for mealworms and only that she wont eat her food that is a mix of egg layer and scratch. She wont touch veggies.

Attachments

• 20201017_204517.jpg
    20201017_204517.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20201016_132748.jpg
    20201016_132748.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201014_153400.jpg
    20201014_153400.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201013_142722.jpg
    20201013_142722.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201013_142737.jpg
    20201013_142737.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20201013_135044.jpg
    20201013_135044.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 14
Hello my duck was attacked on Monday. We took her to the vet. Got her antibiotics, pain and a cream to put on her. They wanted to do a surgery but very worried she wouldn't wake up. So we took the route of caring for her at home in our house. Since then she has gotten better during the day when she is awake she plays in the water and enjoys seeing her duck friend. But it's when she wants to lay down it hurts her so bad. I'm looking for a cbd to use to help her. I'm also very worried she picks though her food for mealworms and only that she wont eat her food that is a mix of egg layer and scratch. She wont touch veggies.
Poor duck! Sorry, I don't know anything about stuff like that. :hit

I used CBD of your dog in her last few weeks because she had cancer. I loved it! She was her old self again! We ordered this off amazon, and it worked great! Its for dogs and cats though, not birds. You could probably use it, just no tis much. Otherwise, there is this bird CBD, it is for calming though, not pain. All though, Amazon, can't sell real CBD, they can only sell hemp, this worked really well for us! If you want the relating, then you may need to find it at a store.

Very sorry to hear about your duck. It looks like Weeg found you a CBD source, but what would really be better would be starting her on an NSAID such as Meloxicam, gabapentin, carprofen, or ketoprofen. These are RX only, so you would have to contact your vet back and discuss that with them.

If she's not eating either, I would suggest starting tube feeding daily. Are you familiar with what that is, if not, we can help.

Poor duck! We had one attacked this spring. Our vet gave us pain meds that were the same ones our dog had been on i want to say cephalexin.. could be wrong, in would strongly recommend heeding @Isaac 0 advice. He may also correct me on the pain meds.

Cephalexin is not used for pain, it is used for skin infections.

Carprofen, Gabapentin, and Meloxicam are commonly used pain medications in dogs.

I have given my pet turkey unflavored pet cbd liquid orally and it seemed to help him. I have no proof that it may or may not have helped, it's worked wonders on my cats and dogs. I'm just not sure how it works for poultry. Its always worth trying in my opinion though. I hope your duck feels better soon!

I have given my pet turkey unflavored pet cbd liquid orally and it seemed to help him. I have no proof that it may or may not have helped, it's worked wonders on my cats and dogs. I'm just not sure how it works for poultry. Its always worth trying in my opinion though. I hope your duck feels better soon!
Hi! What dose and strength of CBD did you give your turkey?

Back
Top Bottom