Help. Duck still alive in egg...

Can you get a picture of how it is now?

That’s another case showing how bad the “float test” is!! I hate it, I’m sorry. Way too many false negative conclusions from such a stupid test.

Anyway, not your fault. I hope it makes it.
I learned my lesson. I was 100 percent this duckling had passed... Even 110 percent. I will never trust the float test again and i will always wait well over the hatch date before getting rid of them. I really am in complete shock. My kids were standing there when it happen and they both said mom that egg was dead.

I learned my lesson. I was 100 percent this duckling had passed... Even 110 percent. I will never trust the float test again and i will always wait well over the hatch date before getting rid of them. I really am in complete shock. My kids were standing there when it happen and they both said mom that egg was dead.

I would wager that anyone that has hatched a few times, has opened an egg they thought was dead. So yea, its a sad lesson to learn the hard way, but you are not alone in having it happen. :hugs

The good news is that you didn't remove too much shell. It definitely has a chance! I agree with CR, I'd remove it from the baggie. While it seems to hold the humidity close, it also blocks the pores of the shell. It still needs to breathe. So just lay it on its side, with his head upright, and give him some time. Keep the exposed membrane moist, try not to let it get glued to his feathers. Otherwise, its watch and wait.

20181025_073136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom