HELP! DUCK SWALLOWED METAL

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Smschiro, Mar 28, 2018.

  1. Smschiro

    Smschiro Chirping

    38
    29
    64
    Sep 26, 2017
    I need help! My one drake swallowed a tiny jingle bell. I’m worried about metal poisoning. Do you think he would pass this? It was a very small bell. I was going to feed him lettuce to try to flush it out. (As lettuce makes him poop a lot) any advice would be great. Thank you!
     
    The Phantom likes this.
  2. Miss Lydia

    Miss Lydia Loving this country life

    Smschiro likes this.
  3. The Phantom

    The Phantom I love birds!!!

    3,205
    23,127
    942
    Jan 9, 2017
    SE Wisconsin
    Maybe some vegetable oil to make it slick in there.
     
  4. Miss Lydia

    Miss Lydia Loving this country life

    Not down the throat though possibility of going into the lungs.
     
    The Phantom likes this.
  5. The Phantom

    The Phantom I love birds!!!

    3,205
    23,127
    942
    Jan 9, 2017
    SE Wisconsin
    Yup. Let home drink a little. Dip the tip of his beak in it.
     
  6. chickens really

    chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

    The issue is things get trapped in the stomach such as nails, staples, etc..Or in the crop. X-rays are the only way to tell and wait two days to see if he passes it. Keep him on paper and hope he doesn't just swallow it again once it's passed...
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: