HELP !!Duck with infected wound (graphic photos)

I'm not sure it was cancer, do you think it could have been a clogged oil gland? It first started out with 2 small growths on either side of her tail perfectly symmetrical. One went away but the other got worst and is now this. When the growth fell off it was full of green, cottage cheese like rotten stuff
Oh i couldn't guess. It just looked exactly like what my poor boy went through.
I feel really bad for both of you - empathy!
If you were closer I'd ask for a sample for my Microscope.
I do know one of the bigger concerns i would have would be the infection going systemic. High powered antibiotics would be on my list right away.

Oh i couldn't guess. It just looked exactly like what my poor boy went through.
I feel really bad for both of you - empathy!
If you were closer I'd ask for a sample for my Microscope.
I do know one of the bigger concerns i would have would be the infection going systemic. High powered antibiotics would be on my list right away.
Baytril?

Yes, Baytril

I still think that it's worth a shot with a honey poultice to treat the wound locally while treating infection systemically with Baytril
How should I clean off the black stuff? I've been picking away at it with tweezers but a lot of it is stuck on her skin and it bleeds when I pull it off.

How should I clean off the black stuff? I've been picking away at it with tweezers but a lot of it is stuck on her skin and it bleeds when I pull it off.
No just apply soft/runny honey into the hole and round the edge like a paste. It won't cure a tumor but may well help the infection to heal. Please use Bayatril at the same time to clobber the infection.

You can flush out the honey and any debris that comes with it after 24 hours and reapply. Buy a large plastic syringe (30ml or 50ml) from Tractor Supply or a pet shop and use slightly luke warm water in it to flush the wound before applying the honey and then every day to flush out the honey and any debris that comes with it.

@ruthhope read what I just posted Please. sorry it is so huge I don't know how to send any other way

I agree Honey would be a good one to use but since she isn't inside their home Honey may draw ants

Back
Top Bottom