HELP!! DUCK WITH POSSIBLE BUMBLEFOOT!!

Yes somehow she broke her toenail into the flesh and caused an open wound. And I've gotten a lot of opinions and they all think its bumble foot. But I'm not an expert. That's just what I've been told about what her problem is. And yes the bumps where is swollen still look the same. They haven't gotten any bigger but I don't notice them getting smaller.
Have you tried Epsom salt soaks and after soaking using clear iodine? It could very well be bumble but most bumble I've seen get a blk scab over it. You soak in the ES then dry and put the colorless iodine over the bumble then keep them on clean surface do this again in 3-5 days soon you can start peeling the scab off gently and only if it's easy to do you don't want to pull fresh skin off with the scab and make a worse opening. Then once the scab is off clean out the bumble with sterile tweezers you pack with antibiotic ointment do not wrap makes sure to again keep her on clean bedding once hole closes up she can be with rest of the flock. Make sure antibiotic ointment doesn't have pain relief in it.

Have you tried Epsom salt soaks and after soaking using clear iodine? It could very well be bumble but most bumble I've seen get a blk scab over it. You soak in the ES then dry and put the colorless iodine over the bumble then keep them on clean surface do this again in 3-5 days soon you can start peeling the scab off gently and only if it's easy to do you don't want to pull fresh skin off with the scab and make a worse opening. Then once the scab is off  clean out the bumble with sterile tweezers you pack with antibiotic ointment do not wrap makes sure to again keep her on clean bedding once hole closes up she can be with rest of the flock. Make sure antibiotic ointment doesn't have pain relief in it.

I haven't done clear iodine but there isn't any black scab at all so there isn't anything I've tried peeling off. Its just been 2 big bumps. No opening or cuts or scabs. So I'm not sure how to get the bumps to go down.

I haven't done clear iodine but there isn't any black scab at all so there isn't anything I've tried peeling off. Its just been 2 big bumps. No opening or cuts or scabs. So I'm not sure how to get the bumps to go down.
I'd try the ES soaks[don't let her drink the water] and the colorless iodine it still may help with the bumps. What do they feel like?

Back
Top Bottom