Help duckling food isssue

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
Help... I ordered duck starter mix twice and they sent me duck maintenance I have 11 ducklings that hatched a day ago... can I feed them maintenance until the starter mix arrives or what else can I feed them. Nearest store is 300 miles away.

I know people who have chickens would unmedicated chicken starter be better than duck and goose maintenance. I'm not sure they have any, but I would ask them if I thought it would work. Please let me know ASAP

Going Quackers

Crowing
9 Years
May 24, 2011
On, Canada
Well couple of questions, is it a crumble or pellet? if a pellet definite no. What is the protein? i start mine with flock raiser it's a crumble 18% protein.

Those would be the variables on whether it would work, as Amiga says though a un-medicated chick starter with niacin would do.

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
18 protein, 3 fat, 4 fiber The starter mix will be here tomorrow or the next day. I didn't want to wait to feed them. The maintenance is pellet, but I can put it in a coffee grinder and grind it up.

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
They just messed up twice and sent the wrong food. Not sure how that happened. I just don't want them to have a bad start.

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
So if I can't get the unmedicated chick feed tonight I could cruble up the maintenance and feed it to them. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't harming them. It would just be for a couple of days until the starter mix gets here.

tia

Songster
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I have durvet Vitimins and Electrolytes... just have to look up how to mix it. I was thinking it was 1/4 teasp. to a gallon of water or something of that sort.

Top Bottom