Help! Duckling having trouble walking!

HilltopHome

Chirping
Aug 25, 2022
Please help! We are new to raising ducks, we've raised chickens for a few years but we don't really know that much about ducks. We bought these ducklings in August and the store said they were about 10 days old then. The farm store said to feed them unmedicated chick feed. Recently one of our little ducklings started having trouble walking - she has legs that kinda are turned funny and I think her joints look swollen - she looks like she has a hard time walking - she falls easily and sit down a lot. :( I just can't help but feel like her legs hurt. I did some reading and began to wonder if it was a niacin deficiency so I ordered NOW brand niacin 500 mg and we've been mixing it in their drinking water for about a month but nothing has changed infact she seems worse. I've looked at her feet for bumblefoot but it looks fine. They feel warm but not hot about the same as the other ducks. I do not know what to do and I really want to help her. Please send your thoughts and advice, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom