Help! Ducks foot fell off!!

Not sure if they will give her more balance, but she will compensate for the loss once it heals she just needs time. They really are amazing how they learn to cope. Let her wash her foot out real well in a tub and then get a good look at the wound you can pour warm saline water over to help clean out bacteria.

431BDD68-4707-493B-B5DC-DACB849B8521.jpeg DB2A5E65-2AE3-457B-A7CC-5408FF68F120.jpeg 6EBD2CC9-8612-4C03-A187-DEF31AFB5FA6.jpeg This is an upclose picture I took today. Idk why the wound is so black. It might be from the wound powder I was putting on her but it doesn’t come off even when I wash her foot with warm water and let her swim.

That's strange that it's black like it is. No discharge or smell? and no swelling?
It's going to take some time for her to get use to walking since basically half her foot is missing.

Farnam wonder dust wound powder. It’s a blue/dark blue when it gets wet. No discharge and it smelled fishy (it smelled a lot like when my chicken had MG and the smell of its eye) but now not as much of a smell. I thought gangrene would have turned her foot gray then spreads then would have stayed that color for a bit before coming off? Her foot also has a little bit of scabs above the wound. Can she get gangrene after it falls off? What is the cause? And what do I do to help it? Is there anything I can do at home for her?
Thanks for all of your help!!

Back
Top Bottom