HELP ducks were attacked!!!!

I'm not sure specifically why not, but the pain relief version is unsuitable.
You are right though that some pain relief could benefit him, you could give him some aspirin if you have some
For a large duck, 75mg of aspirin up to 3 times daily. For medium sized/smaller ducks, 40mg
You can cut the dose up and hide it in a treat, like grapes or blueberries. If you'd like to try that, I would keep the doses minimal, just initially to give him a little more comfort to help with eating and drinking. Do the punctures seem very deep, or more just on the surface? Hard to tell in photos.

Though if you have access to a vet, they may be able to treat the wounds for you and give a better form of pain relief
Okay thank you for the aspirin dosage! But most seem surface level and just punctured the skin but in the one photo the big one is the most worrisome one he has. It definitely seems deeper cuz I can see what seems to be flesh/muscle. I’m just concerned as they wrap around 3/4 of his neck. I can get in touch with a vet who doesn’t really treat ducks but has helped me in the past. Should I trim away the feathers around the wounds to allow easier cleaning?

Yes but any advice to get him healed up faster and the best way would be wonderful!! Why does the triple antibiotic and have to be without pain relief? I feel he could benefit from getting some pain relief! He seems to be okay this morning and ate and drank and had enough energy to hiss at me as he’s not the friendliest duck
I really recommend Airvet if you have no local vet. It's $5 to sign up and $35 per month. Worth every penny! For the best healing promoter, I love raw honey. It is the best antimicrobial and antibiotic topical on the planet but must be raw. Still hoping for the best!

Back
Top Bottom