Help! Due date?

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
My dog stole one of my broody's eggs the other day and cracked it open before I could smack him
sad.png
Aside from preventing this from happening again (locking him in the garage when she comes out to eat) I was wondering if anyone could guess when the eggs are due. I was away in Malaysia from the 7th to the 24th and she went broody during that period. The thing I found inside, before my dog promptly licked it up (graphic.....) was about 2-2.5 cm long, that's all I could see before it was gone
sad.png
I've checked out the egg candling pic and I think the eggs are at least 14 days incubated, but can't be sure. All I know now is that my roos are definetely doing their job and that my broody can be rewarded as well
smile.png
Excited but apprehensive
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png

eta: They are silkie eggs
smile.png

Last edited:
My guess is just to let her hatch em out and see what happens. She could have waited to have a certain number of eggs,then started incubating, or they may be different ages. You kinda just gotta wait and see. she will do her job. 21 days is all it takes. I wish I could fast forward through my first 2 weeks of waiting! Mine are only on day 11 and its seemed like an eternity.my first broody too.

Back
Top Bottom