Help.... DUMBO EARS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamo Hybrid

Crowing
Jun 6, 2018
Yesterday while refilling food for my chickens, I noticed that one of my chicks has puffy ears that look like Dumbo! The little booger is about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks old, my guess is it's an ear infection? Anyone had this before on their chickens where you can literally see ear flaps protruding out the side? What can I do? :(

Yesterday while refilling food for my chickens, I noticed that one of my chicks has puffy ears that look like Dumbo! The little booger is about 3 1/2 - 4 weeks old, my guess is it's an ear infection? Anyone had this before on their chickens where you can literally see ear flaps protruding out the side? What can I do? :(
Photos please.

General instructions and care for ear infections are found here POST#3

Photos please.
List any other symptoms the chick is exhibiting.
The ears are like that rooster's in the link you provided for me, other than the puffy ears he seems to be acting normal. No lethargy or anything, eats just like the other normal chick.

The ears are like that rooster's in the link you provided for me, other than the puffy ears he seems to be acting normal. No lethargy or anything, eats just like the other normal chick.
If it's like what you see in the link provided, then treatment would be about the same.

Just wanted to report that unfortunately he/she passed away a day after I noticed the dumbo ears........ :hit So, fair warning for those that might experience the same dumbo ear infection thing, it CAN become fatal so best take care of it first before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom