HELP dying sick quail chick

Quailsc26785

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2020
I have a 2 week old chick that is poofed up crying non stop in the corner. It’s basically bones because it has stopped eating 4 days ago. I noticed that the poop has been pitch black, foamy yellow and now it’s white. 4 days ago it has been drinking loads of water but no food. It keeps closing its eyes. Does anyone know what this is. Thanks so so much!
A07A673F-2BDF-48E3-84D2-9E93CBC3E466.jpeg

Black poop is a bad sign. If I'm not mistaken, it is a sign of internal bleeding. If it hasn't eaten anything in four days, it might not make it. Do you have any Save-a-chick or Nutri-drench? Those are liquid and might get some calories in to your bird so it can start eating again. Put it in some water and offer with a dropper.

Are any of your other birds showing symptoms?

Black poop is a bad sign. If I'm not mistaken, it is a sign of internal bleeding. If it hasn't eaten anything in four days, it might not make it. Do you have any Save-a-chick or Nutri-drench? Those are liquid and might get some calories in to your bird so it can start eating again. Put it in some water and offer with a dropper.

Are any of your other birds showing symptoms?
No just one chick. I separated it. I don’t have save-a-chick or nutridrench. I have force fed it a mixture of water, garlic and orgeno leaves today.

Garlic can be toxic to birds. Please don't fee it that. See if you can soak some food and get that in it.
Ok I guess I read false info that garlic gets rid of corro in chickens and boosts immune. Thanks for letting me know!

What were you feeding before this one got sick?

I don't think it's going to survive but if it does you really should put something over that flippers cardboard before it hurts its legs.

What were you feeding before this one got sick?

I don't think it's going to survive but if it does you really should put something over that flippers cardboard before it hurts its legs.
I was feeding it 22% protein crumble

Back
Top Bottom