HELP-Egg bound hen

matty1237958

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 6, 2013
HELP!!! My hen is egg bound! She was broody for about 2 weeks then today shes been trying to lay and trying to lay but nothing. I soaked her in warm/hot water and used vasaline and managed to get the egg to the edge of the vent. Then put olive oil around the vent with a syringe. Shes isolated and with the goats. She is our familys favorite hen. Is there anything out? We dont want her to die!:bow

Last edited:
You must be tired.  I sure hope so.  It won't hurt to say a prayer for her, I know I will.

Ive been up since 6am dealing with a banding issue thanks to my breeder on my 4 month old goat, then right when i got him cleaned up and all good a noticed my poor little hen trying to push and push and the i was caring for her until 8pm! Long day! Hopefully every body is ok!

You are tired.  I hope the link helps and I'm going to remember to do what she suggests.  Do you have a syringe? 

She is still egg bound! Im soaking her in epsom salt and now we will just wait and see! Set up a pen in the basement because its pouring out side and i dont feel like running to the barn and back to check on her!

Back
Top Bottom