Help! Egg in lockdown - brown/yellow liquid drops coming out!!

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
Looked in on the Serama eggs I put into lock down yesterday and noticed that one of them has 2 drops - with a 3rd forming - of brown/yellow liquid on the shell. The egg looked fine when I put it in yesterday afternoon and everything has been running smooth and stable in the hatcher. I do not see any pips on the egg.

What do I do? What could be wrong? Do I leave it and risk it breaking? Will that ruin my hatch? Do I risk opening the incubator to remove it? If so, do I toss it or what? Sorry, just at a loss for this and can't find anything online to help. This is a photo of the egg.....

DSC00211.jpg

is it dripping fromt he top of the incubator? if it is, it's probably harmless- i'd just leave it. if it's comeing from the eggs, then you probably have a ruined hatch, but again, just leave it and see what happens. it's better not to open the incubator.

Quote:
No, it is coming from the egg - at least that is how it appears. I can't really tell without removing the lid and I don't want to do that if I don't have to. By ruined hatch do you mean the whole lot or just this egg???

That's weird.. are you sure it's not coming from the top of the bator?? I would probably take it out. Can you put a blanket over the bator and yourself and remove it? keep the heat/humidity in as much as you can that way. If it's oozing brown stuff that cant be good.

If it's the egg your better off removing it.We open our bators in lockdown and never have any problems..actually I don't follow any lockdown rules and have 100% hatches..
If it explodes the mess you will have
sickbyc.gif
as well as really risking the other eggs.Just make sure it's not dripping off the top of the bator--which would be very high humidity and the color would mean you have a very dirty bator if nothing has hatched yet to make dirty water. Can you smell stinking eggs if you stick your nose real close or jar it for just a split second..it's all it would take.I really suspect the egg is bad.

No I'm not really sure without removing the lid, but I think there would be other drops on the paper towels and eggs in the same area if it were? I could cover the bator if I need to remove it. I've never encountered this before.

Quote:
I'm glad to hear there are others who break the laws of lockdown too
smile.png
It has never effected my hatches either. I will check the bator top by opening one of the windows first. The incubator was cleaned from the last hatch and all the water in the channels is clean. I tried to see if I could smell something but there was nothing.

Back
Top Bottom