Help! Eggs were moving then stopped!! Edit: PIPPING!!!

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
7 out of 14 of my eggs started shaking back and forth like they are starting to hatch. Then, they mostly stopped. Now i only see one egg move occaisonally. Im on day 17, and no, i am not amigining (sp?) things! Are they just resting? Do i need to do something?

Last edited:
I swear that my eggs took naps. It toatally freaked me out. But a few hours later they started wiggling again! they will be fine! good luck!

Quote:
Thanks!
big_smile.png

They stopped! i last saw them move about 6:50 this morning. But, i've been at school. They first started monday morning. No pips yet. Could they have died? When will they pip? Im freaking out! i need some incouragement.
barnie.gif
sad.png

Last edited:
Are they shipped eggs and chicken? Chicken usually take 21 unless your incubator is running warm! Hang in there
hugs.gif
! Have you candled them for movement
fl.gif
?
love.gif

Last edited:
No, some are my eggs and some are from a kind freind. NOT shipped. Chicken eggs. They started moving yesterday! Would it really take 4 more days? Well.. i did candle them and even the moving ones had a little yolk.

My oldest one is 2 days older. i candled it and the air cell has sloped and im pretty sure i saw internal pipping! I also saw movement like the chick was kicking the air cell membrane.
celebrate.gif

Im just worried i killed them. I kinda have a tendancy to do that.
roll.png

Oh, and along with seeing a little yolk, i saw a little movement and the eggs are rocking!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom