Help.......emegency

Jayboss

Chirping
Dec 21, 2017
Hi guys, I realized some of my birds have become dull this morning, I've seen slight red colour in their poop....I suspect coccidiosis , I ve given them amprocox, a drug recommended by my vet,hope they become well,
My question is I've been giving them regulary, at least twice every week, so how come they are having coccidiosis ,
Also what are the effects of Overdose of antibiotics and coccidiosis drugs....

Hi guys, I realized some of my birds have become dull this morning, I've seen slight red colour in their poop....I suspect coccidiosis , I ve given them amprocox, a drug recommended by my vet,hope they become well,
My question is I've been giving them regulary, at least twice every week, so how come they are having coccidiosis ,
Also what are the effects of Overdose of antibiotics and coccidiosis drugs....
@casportpony
I'm following..

How old are the birds? How long have you been giving them the meds prior to today? What dosage are you using that you are giving twice a week?

The amprocox looks the same as 20% amprollium, and should be given daily for 5-7 days in the water. How old are your chickens, and are they eating and drinking? If they are not, they will need to drink the treated water. Amprocox does not contain antibiotics unless you are using the one that has sulfa in it— look at your label to make sure.

My birds are 15 weeks old.......the recommended dosage is 100g / 100 liters water.....
So it's 1gram/1000cc water.....that's the recommended dosage ......the I've been giving them since they arrived ....almost every week....2-3 days every week.....thanks

Back
Top Bottom