HELP!! EMERGENCY !!!

felicity5

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 14, 2012
My Pekin duck is around 7 weeks old and has red eyes. Red eyes like when people are really tired and they have blood shot eyes.
I recently got conjunctivitis and I'm scared that I have given it to my duck. Is this possible?
Also if it isnt conjunctivitis has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

Thank you !

See if you can get a vet to look at it. In the meantime, make sure the duckling has plenty of fresh water in which to wash its entire head. If you put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and let it wash in that, it may help, that is just an idea.

There is a product called Veterycin, and I believe one of the forms it comes in is an eye wash. You can find it online and some stores carry it, I think.

Thank you for that.
Out of curiosity how does the apple cider vinegar help

Vinegar lowers the Ph, and "kills bugs". Acidic water kills yeast's and fungi, and other "bugs" that can affect livestock,poultry, and pets. Just remember moderation. Ph affects the pet also.

Hmm it is possible you shared your conjunctivitus. Bathing the eyes in mild salt water will help but if the duck is truly infected it might need a course of antibiotics from a vet. We can also infect them with cold sores, so no kissing, even ducks!

Back
Top Bottom