Help Ergent!!!!

birdherder

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 21, 2011
Okay So I Found 2 Hens Wandering Around My Coop One Looks Like A Rooster But Doesn't Have Any Other Signs But A Big Comb.. The Other One Is Just A Very Friendly Rir.. Any Ways The Black And White One( Barred Plymouth Rock) I Think Has Worms Because It Pooped Out This Skin Colored Disgusting Worm Looking Think And Then Started To Peck At It And Try To Eat It!!!!!!!!!! What The Heck!!!! And I Put It In With Other Chickens Which Is Stupid Im Freaking Out That They Now Have Worms And There's Nothing I Can Do About It D': Help Mee I Need As Many Replies As I Can Get Please Please Please Im New To This Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I'm not sure about the worm thing but you need to separate them now. You could get some diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it in their food, that may get rid of the worms. I hope someone else can offer you better advice
sad.png

Quote:
That may not have been a worm she ate...it sounds like a soft shelled egg without the whites and yolk. If was in fact a worm, it would have to be a tapeworm and tapeworms are segmented. Treatment for tapeworms as well as all other worms is valbazen. Ivermectin wont kill tapeworms.

thanks you guys for all the help i just seperated them from the one i suspects has worms... i saw her eat it back up disgusting but proabably helpful to other chickens because they didnt eat it?.. idk im just so scared half my flock has worms because i have two pens one for breeding one for back yard and the one there in now is my backyard.. im so helpless! blaghh -.-

Back
Top Bottom