Help Ergent!!!!

u just made my day dawg53
big_smile.png
HOPE! has risen from the chicken poo!! yay!!!

You'll be fine, you can do the ID chart, and figure out which worms they are, and dose everyone tomorrow. The only downside is you won't be able to eat the eggs for a few weeks, but you can cook them and feed them back to the girls. Be glad it's only worms, it could have been way worse!

well i looked up is much different looking then "worms" it was pretty large... it looked just like she was pooping out a small intestine..

well, i'd say, go and get a pumpkin. open it up and put it in the pen... one in each. let the chickens go to town on it. natural wormer. you won't have to throw out the egg then either. sounds like she pooed a soft shelled egg to me though too.. but get them a pumpkin anyway... good time of year for it.

i have done alot of research and i cant determine if it was a tape womr or a shell. im guessing tape worm.. any suggestions how to get rid of it..

Quote:
Purchase valbazen. Jefferslivestock.com has it. Dosage is given orally 1/2cc for standards and 1/4cc for smaller chickens. Redose in 10 days. You might have to redose a 3rd time if in fact it's tapeworms. I recommend that you dose all your chickens. Withdrawal period is 24 days from the initail dosing to the finish of the second dosing. Add another 14 days after the 3rd dosing.

I'll bet it was part of a soft shelled egg too. Skin colored, and sort of deflated or torn & folded up like a tube. It happens to one of my silkies quite often. The other girls will stand behind her "waiting" for it

Back
Top Bottom