Help! Explosive Diarrhea!

I think she's actually waiting until she comes out of her cage to poop! When we let her out of the pen every night, she walks right into the kitchen and it goes everywhere...I know they don't technically have the muscles to hold it in, but from the looks of it, she won't poop until she gets out of the pen, away from her eggs!
Yep broody poop is so disgusting. that's what it is if she is sitting on eggs. Pick her up and get her outside fast. Course then you have to carry her butt first to keep it from getting on you, which I have had happen many times. LOL

Hello Ms. Lydia! Hope you've been well. I'm glad to see this discussion thread,but I'm a little confused. One of my broody hens squirts yellow runny liquid poop as soon as you pick her up, off her eggs. The other broody hen has the stinky shooting,almost melted- chocolate appearance diarrhea. They spend all day in their house (by choice) to sit on the eggs. They get fresh water every morning, a bath,fresh food 2x daily. I can't seem to figure out the cause of their runs. Is this what you're calling "broody hen poop?" Thanks!!

:/

Back
Top Bottom