help fast!!!!!!!!

I would not give him benedral. If he just hatched he needs time. I would not offer food or water for at least the next 24 hours. WARMTH is the best thing right now. He also need a companion ducks do not do well by themselves. So either get him a mirror or a stuffed animal like suggested. Need to see how bad the head cuts are, sounds like the ants were having a feast. Check his navel is it closed up. If not could be one issue why he's not walking. If it is then he's just weak from all the trama. Keep him very very quiet. He needs to stay completely calm. They can very easily over work themselves in situations like this. So if you can hold him to calm him great. Webkidz stuffed animals are great because they are soft and cuddly.

Let me know what his status is right now. The popping could be nothing. I've have a couple make the poping noise and be fine but then I've have some not do so welll. The best advice is to keep the little guy warm he needs a room temp of about 95 right now even 100 won't hurt him. If you have a bator I would put him in it for at least 24 hours.

I would not give him benedral. If he just hatched he needs time. I would not offer food or water for at least the next 24 hours. WARMTH is the best thing right now. He also need a companion ducks do not do well by themselves. So either get him a mirror or a stuffed animal like suggested. Need to see how bad the head cuts are, sounds like the ants were having a feast. Check his navel is it closed up. If not could be one issue why he's not walking. If it is then he's just weak from all the trama. Keep him very very quiet. He needs to stay completely calm. They can very easily over work themselves in situations like this. So if you can hold him to calm him great. Webkidz stuffed animals are great because they are soft and cuddly.

Let me know what his status is right now. The popping could be nothing. I've have a couple make the poping noise and be fine but then I've have some not do so welll. The best advice is to keep the little guy warm he needs a room temp of about 95 right now even 100 won't hurt him. If you have a bator I would put him in it for at least 24 hours.
@Lacrystol can you also look at this one https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1034349/newly-hatched-duckling-shaking-feet#post_15941653 sorry to run you down but not many with experience on right now.

he is doing better the bleeding has stopped he is in a box with a heat lamp over him im still concerned with his walking when he tries to walk he does a crawl and doesnt stand on his feet but his whole leg what could cause this

he is doing better the bleeding has stopped he is in a box with a heat lamp over him im still concerned with his walking when he tries to walk he does a crawl and doesnt stand on his feet but his whole leg what could cause this

Please make sure you have a temp gage. Sometimes those heat lamps get way to hot and with him not being able to walk to get into a cooler spot this will cause him to over heat. And dehydrate.

So he doesn't need it directly on him. The object is to keep the box warm.

Not sure what you mean by his whole leg is what cause this?

Can he lift his little head up?? How's hos navel or belly button area??

Back
Top Bottom