HELP!!!! FED VACCINATED CHICKS, MEDICATED FEED!!!

This doesnt sound normal at all to me. Am I understanding right that JUST the bantams are dying? If so, it is not your temps. I am thinking there was something up with them before you got them, since they started dying so quickly.

As far as the temps, my understanding was that is was supposed to be 95 deg, or so, right under the lamp. I thought I read they could only self-regulate as far as heat is concerned, after they are a week or so old. But maybe that is not true at all.

got the temp to about 95 now not just bantam now. they were the first to go, leghorns, white rocks and black sexlinks all dropping

they are 4 days old now.

I think I would be hollering to a hatchery, imo you should get them all replaced. Something is just not right about that, and if you have been raising chicks for years, its not your fault, sounds like you know what you are doing.

I am so sorry, that has to be very upsetting!
hugs.gif

Has anyone else ordered from McM recently? how are their chicks doing? do you think they could have a disease? or been poisoned by something at the hatchery? If they are on bedding/paper make sure you clean after one dies to try not to spread it??? i dunno, I'm very sorry
sad.png

It still sounds like poisoning to me with so many dying and they are of different breeds.
That is the only conclusion i can come up with and them just dropping dead.

If it was genetic only that one breed would die if it was the cold they would of died monday and same with the stress it would have already affected them.
It's got to be something they have been exposed to in their environment did you clean the brooder before you used it.?
Have you fed them from a bucket other chickens have access to or used the same water pitcher or bucket?
used equipment lights, feeders anything not been sterilized?

I always buy a new waterer and feeder when i have new chicks and sterilize the brooder and anything that comes in contact with them.

Just some thoughts

I just got 50 chicks from MM on Monday and only lost a few. The rest are running around just fine. I don't consider it a problem as the vast majority are just fine.

They aren't in a draft, are they?

Can you post pics of their environment?

I bought chicks from meyer and hoovers last year they arrived on the same day so I put them in the same brooder, well meyer vaccinated them for cocci hoover didn't I did not know that they were vaccinated and just about everyone of them died. they were fine one minute then they would be on their backs with legs out straight. I called the hatcherys where some were vacc. and others werent I fed medicated feed . It cancels out the vaccine and mine died of cocci. just in a matter of 4-5 days. I did not know this and that is why I won't have mine vaccinated for cocci. I make sure they do not give it to them I request for them not to be. I had some that flopped over on its side looked like it was having some kind of seizure and then flipped over on its back and was dead and stiff like rigor had already set in.

Back
Top Bottom