HELP!!!! FED VACCINATED CHICKS, MEDICATED FEED!!!

u no, i was thinking, they said it is a sprayed on vaccine and it is so cold at night in iowa. do u think that could be it? They r n a rubbermaid tub that is about 12" high with a light and in my daggon living room. They couldn't ask for better housing!
big_smile.png

I have all new waterer and feeders are cleansed. Now feeding non medicated food. When they replace, i will request no cocc vacc.

I believe so, I am not sure you will have to contact mcm to find out for sure. but meyer told me that when they are vaccinated and you feed them medicated feed that it counter acts the vaccine.

I don't know . I got mine in july and the vaccine was sprayed on them also. I had to put mine on sulmet for 5 days the ones that were left recoverd and are fine.

It could very well be the cocci vaccine
thumbsup.gif

I would much rather not vaccinate for that i just feed the medicated feed and let them build up a natural immunity.
If you think they have cocci you can use corrid in their water for a few days.

Is their poo runny?

I had a feeling at the start it could be the vaccine but i've never dealt with this so i didn't comment.
Spraying can't be good for their Respritory system

sorry sulmet. it is a liquid that you can give for treatment of cocci and some other things too. coryza and a few other things. I bought it at the feed store

Sorry to here about your loss I picked up my McM order yesterday I had 2doa 1two hours in brooder and 1this morning the other23 are doing fine that is at 8 when I last went out to the coop getting ready to check again and fire up gas heater now 30 here in SC SORRY

All right, I think it is a mixture of three problems, one, I have heard that Mc Murray has lots of defective chicks ( all breeds) and that they get diseased alot, two, I have also heard that the Cocci. vac. is just a weakened version of Coccidiosis, so ends up killing the chicks, plus Med. feed with it can kill the chicks..... I don't think the Mereks Vac. did it...... and lastly, the stress of shipping combined with the other two problems will make them all drop dead..... I hope they GIVE you the chicks and a refund....good luck with them...
fl.gif

I am sorry about your chicks. How are things now? Did any of them make it? I also recieved 28 chicks from MM on Feb 2 and 12 of them died. Some were DOA, but some acted just like yours were and died right before my eyes. It was very sad for us too. MM was very friendly and generously offered to send a replacement order of 16 the following week. The entire box of replacements were DOA. The next week I got a replacement order for the replacement order and AGAIN the entire shipment was dead. I suspected that they were handled poorly by my local post office and it was too cold here in Montana so I just asked for a refund instead. I've never had chickens and I assumed that since MM was selling them in February that they could survive shippment in February. I wish I would have found this informative site before I ordered them. If we ever do it again I'll wait till later in the spring or just hatch my own with the girls that made it this year.

Back
Top Bottom