HELP!!!! FED VACCINATED CHICKS, MEDICATED FEED!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Thanks so much for all the advise and prayers! Everyone that is left made it thru the night and the day! I spent all night giving tiny little shots of pennecillion (spell) as a last ditch effort and it has semmed to work so far. I have three or four that are still not at 100% but they are alive! We only lost one last night and I really wasn't surprised about her, she was in rough shape.

Thanks so much! I wish I would have "shot" them sooner!

Last edited:
hit.gif
I am sorry about your problem.But I had the same thing to happen to us when we ordered from Ideal.It was acold day when they came in.But I had got 2 little chicks form soemone else.Before we came home.I felt like that was the problem.They done the same way that yours done,started falling over like flys.I was so upset and did not know what to do.But mine was ducks and 2 Guienas.All I could do was pray,and God came on the scene.We managed to save 5 baby ducks.And I was up all night long with them.I scrubbed and cleaned with gloves on and changed gloves with each time I touched a baby.But I called Ideal,and they amde it good.Thank God you have a few and they will make it right.You are like me,we both have lived on a farm all our life and lots of experience,but these days,sometimes things are not like they used to be.Wish you the best,Sandra
fl.gif
hugs.gif

After having read this post I feel the need to mention something about the PO. I worked for them for years before retireing and they are not all created equal.
I recently told the feed store that when they order chicks they may have sat an entire day before they get delivered.
The feed store said "they're supposed to call us when they come in". At the PO where I worked this would be 6:30 am.
So here's my point. One order chicks from a hatchery as close to you as possible. Of course this may not be necessary for some breeds. Two if possible hatch your own eggs or get together and only buy local eggs. Inbreeding can cause problems you know.
Three pay for express mail if you can afford it. Get together w/ other chick people and order together.
Four don't count on the P.O. to give a rats rear end about your chicks, cause some don't they may be sitting in the airport some where for who knows how long.
Five don't believe the P.O. management nothing is ever their fault and they lie.
Six ask for tracking and pay it your self. This way you'll know what time the were received at the P.O. where they came from and the P.O. they were sent to.
Seven report these losses to the D.E.C. Losses like these could mean the hatchery is not up to standards.
Eight be ready for your delivery. Take the day off if necessary and have your brooder ready. Water, feed, and prewarmed.
I don't think I'll be ordering from MCM.

I was just at the post office the other day and it was 4:00 pm and i could hear chicks peeping.
I knew from my experience of ordering them i picked mine up at 6:30am when they came in and they called me.
So these chicks had been at the p.o. all day and if any died that wasn't the P.O.'s fault.
If people are going to order chicks they should also schedule a time to pick them up when they arrive.
I'm sure if any died this person got them replaced for free
hmm.png

The majority of chicks do come on the 6am delivery truck. But I have ordered chicks for over 10 years and they have come on the noon truck and the 3pm truck too!

Work schedules vary too for people...

Ok so I worked for the PO for over 10yrs and know nothing about the business. If your chicks come in after noon they are delayed for some reason I would think.
Unless the hatchery tells you specifically that your chicks are going to be shipped out late they should be shipped early.
The fact that the hatchery will replace dead chicks is absolutely no reason to take the attitude that you can get there when you get there. They have to make up for the loss some how. Perhaps that is why MCM is more expensive than some hatcheries. If you can't be there when they come reschedule or make other arrangements. We can't blame the president for the price of chicks if we don't do our part right?

Acts of kindness should never be random.

Back
Top Bottom