HELP feed delivered/FULL OF BUGS!!!

Here is the response I got about my Bag Full of Bugs:
" "Pamela,
The bugs are at their worst this time of year. We do not use pesticides in the feed like commercial feeds do, we only mix in DE to try and control them. Commercial feeds have pesticide added to the feed to keep them out. It is one of the compromises with an all natural feed.
Thanks," "

I replied I threw it out and wont be buying anymore, I wont feed buggy feed.

Funny, I got an all natural feed from another place, in pellet form, and it was very fresh, and no bugs.

pam in TX

ep.gif
Um wow...I would be calling this so called "company" and demanding to speak with someone in charge....Thats totally bananas...I would be getting me some FREE bags of feed once I was done running my mouth....

I could buy 3-4 bags of regular feed in my area for what you are paying, do yourself a favor and just switch to regular chicken food, Im pretty sure it does not have pesticides and the chickens wont notice in the slightest..

Freeze it as previously mentioned, or you can put it on baking sheets an heat it to kill the insects.

OMG - I had heard good things about H and H.....well, unless I hear that they gave you a full refund or sent you bug free food - I will not be doing business with them.

Last edited:
Yep, back to Layena Crumbles. However, I am going to try to get them slowly switched to the pellet feed I got that is soy free. I got the "Small Flock" Special and it looks good enough to eat!

What would be the point in them sending me "free" bag if all the bags they have is bug infested and they know it. hhmmm

pam in TX

I put it all by the trash, I'll go out in a bit and see how the bugs are doing, if they have run off I may drag it back in the yard and out to the chicken house. I dont want to get bugs in my other feed or dog food.
I'll check it out and see, but freezing is not an option, I have a very small freezer on top of my fridge.

I went out and checked on the feed bag. Still bugs on the outside of the bag and in the box. I cant 'see' any inside the bag this morning. My guess is maybe the DE in the bag killed them, OR the heat of 106 yesterday killed them. Either way there are dead bugs in my feed. I guess I will drag it out to the hen house and keep it out there and feed it til its gone. Its mostly brown powder with a little bit of grain mixed in. So will be mostly wasted on the ground when they scratch it out of their feed trough.

well this experience has 'broke me from suckin eggs'

pam in TX

Quote:
I would be sure to let them know you've posted your experience on a very active and very popular poultry board. That's just disgusting and horrible business. And I'm pretty sure other companies don't put pesticides in the feed. The grain in it may have been grown with pesticides but I can't imagine them putting it IN the feed itself. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (and I probably am. lol)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom