help finding heated top fill watered

mn farm gal

Chirping
May 12, 2021
SW MN
I have a flock of 15 layers, 3 guinea fowl, and two turkeys. Right now i have a bottom fill 3 gallon waterer that works, but as bottom fills are a pain to flip i dropped it and broke one of the plastic deals that hold the bottom on within a week. I have looked and looked, and cannot find a top fill heated waterer to use all year round for the flock. Can anyone point me towards a waterer that will suit my needs?

I may end up doing that and buying one of the top fills to sit on top of it. the waterer i have is barely hanging on after my clumsiness and dropping it

I'm not fond of flip over waterers either.

In fact, I don't like any kind of open waterer and prefer horizontal nipples. :)
I suppose they evaporate less and the water doesn't get contaminated at all. Im just not sure how the turkeys would like it. Everyone in the flock is approximately 13 weeks old, so im sure the chickens would adapt fine. But I've noticed the turkeys prefer the open pail i have sitting by the water hydrant for the dogs and cats, versus the waterer in the coop. I'm afraid the turkeys wouldn't take to it.

I suppose they evaporate less and the water doesn't get contaminated at all. Im just not sure how the turkeys would like it. Everyone in the flock is approximately 13 weeks old, so im sure the chickens would adapt fine. But I've noticed the turkeys prefer the open pail i have sitting by the water hydrant for the dogs and cats, versus the waterer in the coop. I'm afraid the turkeys wouldn't take to it.

I know nothing about turkeys.

I love the fact that the nipple waterer stay clean.

I have a flock of 15 layers, 3 guinea fowl, and two turkeys. Right now i have a bottom fill 3 gallon waterer that works, but as bottom fills are a pain to flip i dropped it and broke one of the plastic deals that hold the bottom on within a week. I have looked and looked, and cannot find a top fill heated waterer to use all year round for the flock. Can anyone point me towards a waterer that will suit my needs?
Rural king has a top fill with nipples and heated. Works great

Because of the physics involved with a poultry waterer, a top fill design is not possible. The waterers use a vacuum seal to prevent the water from gushing out into the bottom tray. If you were to have a top fill, the moment you opened the fill cap, the vacuum seal would be broken and water would...like I said.
However, if you could come up with a way to get around this issue and actually make a working, top fill waterer, I would be your first customer.

Back
Top Bottom