HELP! FIRST TIME! Different Temps??

Thank you very much, would you say that with the Temps being to low or to high and humidity being off the first couple of days hinder the whole batch and process?

Someone please help! It's my first time incubating any eggs. I set up the new incubator, it only has temp reading on it not the humidity, anyhow I set it up to 37.5 and put the water in 1 slot as stated in the instructions then left it for 24 hours, next day we put in the eggs, and ordered an inside digital thermometer with humidity reader. We popped that in straight away and it's only reading 35.5 with a very high humidity!! I've now got humidity dropped right down but it doesn't have any water in at the moment because it seems even a 20 ml drop of water boosts it right up. But now I'm panicking the temp on the machine is to low as the didigital inside is reading only 35.5!!! What am I to do! I tried a mouth digital thermometer and that reads 37.1. So many different readings. I'm so worried, and don't know if we should higher the temp on the actual incubator until the inside thermometer gets to 37.5 instead of 35.5

Any advice would be great!!
Is this going to completely ruin everything?? it's the first full day we have had them in. Thanks in advance

You need to calibrate a few thermometers as shown earlier, write down the difference on the thermometer if it's off, set them back and adjust the temp as needed. Meat thermometers will work BTW.

Hi, right so I've bought a meat thermometer and and indoor outdoor wall thermometer, meat one is a a out 37 wall one is 38.5, I'm finding the left side of the incubator to be warmer than the right side. Unfortunately the incubator model wasn't bought by ourselves so I don't know a lot a out it but it's on the cheaper side at around 60-70 pounds.

None of those temps mean anything until you calibrate.

I've calibrated the meat thermometer it's around 38. 5 🤷‍♀️ I've just had someone tell me humidity anything over 30% is a worry but he dry hatches anyway.... there is so many different opinions on this, I'm very confused, the humidity was low between 25 and 35 and now I've managed to get it to 55 % it's supposedly wrong. I can't win

Back
Top Bottom