Help! first time hatching!

Quote: It's fine.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

I think that she means she *found* the first egg 12/26, I don't think she means that it's been in the incubator this whole time. Yes, it's an older egg, but not so old that it shouldn't be good. Make sense?

-Kathy

That's not what I meant, I meant if it was incubated since 12/26 then it would be to old.

So how many days have they been in the incubator? 25? If you didn't see her sitting more than once, I would say that day zero is the day you started incubating. Make sense?

-Kathy

Yes, then if that's the case, today would be day 24, I thought the day one puts them in the incubator is day one, I put them in 1/18

Quote: Day one is after they've been in the incubator for 24 hours, so day 28 is 2-15 and the stop turning/raise humidity date is tomorrow (day 25) if you follow the GFQ instructions..

-Kathy

Note: If I have made an error in calculating dates, please do let me know!

Last edited:
Day one is after they've been in the incubator for 24 hours, so day 28 is 2-15 and the stop turning/raise humidity date is tomorrow if you follow the GFQ instructions.. 

-Kathy

Note: If I have made an error in calculating dates, please do let me know!

Aahhh I see

Last edited:
Ok guys, I have to go to calling hours right now, so I need to sign off, But I will be back on later. Hang in there I think you'll be OK. Even if today is day 24 remember Mallards can take 26 to 28 days. So that would mean today being the 24th day, TWO days before hatching day....

So again, I would be LOCKING THEM DOWN.. they should have been locked down Three days before.. I usually Stop turning mine Four days before due date.

If it was me, I would MOST definitely use 26 days as there due date not 28. Because you never know if they are going to be early and if they are past 26 days then you at least know they should be OK until 28 days.

That's my thought on everything..

Ok guys, I have to go to calling hours right now, so I need to sign off, But I will be back on later.  Hang in there I think you'll be OK.  Even if today is day 24 remember Mallards can take 26 to 28 days.  So that would mean today being the 24th day, TWO days before hatching day....

So again, I would be LOCKING THEM DOWN.. they should have been locked down Three days before..  I usually Stop turning mine Four days before due date. 

If it was me, I would MOST definitely use 26 days as there due date not 28.  Because you never know if they are going to be early and if they are past 26 days then you at least know they should be OK until 28 days.

That's my thought on everything..

ok,thank you sooo much!!

Back
Top Bottom