Help! first time hatching!

I would like for you to candle the Smaller end of the eggs, Tell me if you see ANY spaces, it should be completely DARK, I think you may have a slight sticky issue, candling the smaller end will give me a better picture though..

Mallards take 26 to 28 days, If you are on day 24 or 25, you need to lock them down, not decrease the humidity RAISE IT.. get it around 60 to 65, your air cells look good and I bet in the next 24 to 48 hours all that will change.  They haven't dipped and need to so it's not to late yet. 

They should be laying down with the Large end slightly higher then the smaller end, although I think you should be PREPARED, you may have some upside downers...

Ok, will do, thanks so much!
By smaller end do you mean the "pointy" end?
I will get the humidity right and raise the end and no more opening the bator, right?

Before you took them from MOMMA, can you tell me your process, such as what did you put the humidity at, what was the temp at, did you Spray or mist them at all? ETC. I understand you had them in the turner upside down but what was your settings at before now..

Ok, will do, thanks so much!
By smaller end do you mean the "pointy" end?
I will get the humidity right and raise the end and no more opening the bator, right?

Yes I do mean the pointy end. Just check for any Spaces, It may be see threw yellowish.

Yes, once we get that humidity up, they will be in LOCKDOWN, which means DO NOT TOUCH WOOO HOOO

I would like for you to candle the Smaller end of the eggs, Tell me if you see ANY spaces, it should be completely DARK, I think you may have a slight sticky issue, candling the smaller end will give me a better picture though..

I couldn't see much on that end

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the info! I'm feeling a little better now. Looking at my pics on my phone I see I placed the eggs in the incubator on 1/18 and if that day is considered day 1, today would be day 24... right?
but didn't you say you took them from Momma because momma was gone? So now the question is how long has momma had them?

I'm no expert, but I think the majority of eggs need a couple of days with less humidity or I think there is a very good chance that they will not lose enough moisture and will die in the last two days.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom