Help! first time hatching!

Ok so I noticed momma duck had been laying eggs randomly in our yard, I set her up a space for her to nest, as she did, after a few days she had about 8 inside the large kennel, I didn't see her sitting on them much, I might have seen her once. The morning I noticed she was gone I started to research on what to do, I took what ended up being 17 eggs total and placed them in the incubator we had gone out and bought. I had them at 60-65 humidity and temp at 99.5 and was misting as well

Ok so I noticed momma duck had been laying eggs randomly in our yard, I set her up a space for her to nest, as she did, after a few days she had about 8 inside the large kennel, I didn't see her sitting on them much, I might have seen her once. The morning I noticed she was gone I started to research on what to do, I took what ended up being 17 eggs total and placed them in the incubator we had gone out and bought. I had them at 60-65 humidity and temp at 99.5 and was misting as well

YEEEE that humidity is to high, it should have been lower until lockdown. Misting was good...

It does look like some slight spaces on the bottom, YEK, may have a sticky issue but there's not a whole lot we can do now, it's to late in the game. OK

I'm no expert, but I think the majority of eggs need a couple of days with less humidity or I think there is a very good chance that they will not lose enough moisture and will die in the last two days.

-Kathy

They are already down to the ONE day. they really don't have two more days to spare.. I those air cells don't look to bad and they will probably start dipping here in the next 24 to 48 hours if that happens we are right on schedule.. They are on day 25 so it's really to late in the game to do anything like that.

So how many days have they been in the incubator? 25? If you didn't see her sitting more than once, I would say that day zero is the day you started incubating. Make sense?

-Kathy

Oh that can't be right.  Do you know what egg was that one??  if you do pull it and candle it, if it's really that old, it's not going to be live by now..

I dont know which one it is but I found it like this

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom