HELP flab of skin hanging from chicken

But altogether ther was 7 hens
Two roosters to 7 hens is roo-heavy for sure. The girls were probably being over mated. I agree, looks like an old injury that has healed. How is it bothering her? Is it infected (smelly) or is it completely healed? If there is no infection it is probably best to leave it be.

Two roosters to 7 hens is roo-heavy for sure. The girls were probably being over mated. I agree, looks like an old injury that has healed. How is it bothering her? Is it infected (smelly) or is it completely healed? If there is no infection it is probably best to leave it be.
No smell, definitely not infected. It s just hanging into her eye all the time and I can tell it irritates her.

No smell, definitely not infected. It s just hanging into her eye all the time and I can tell it irritates her.
The only real way to deal with this is to either leave it and let her get use to the flap falling in her face or remove it. You could try to debride it and try to reattach it. Both removing and debriding will cause pain and be a possible inlet for bacteria and infection.

Sorry. I wish there was an easier option for you and her. :(

The only real way to deal with this is to either leave it and let her get use to the flap falling in her face or remove it. You could try to debride it and try to reattach it. Both removing and debriding will cause pain and be a possible inlet for bacteria and infection.

It’s ok I understand, I just hate leaving it. Could I put a small rubber band around it until it falls off? Like banding a boy goat, my mom wants to do that and it seems like it could work.

It’s ok I understand, I just hate leaving it. Could I put a small rubber band around it until it falls off? Like banding a boy goat, my mom wants to do that and it seems like it could work.
Might work. Removal with a cautery device would work, but that would entail a veterinarian. Cutting it off would cause excessive bleeding.

That dangly ball is hard with feathers around it so I suspect it’s dead’s, debriefing wouldn’t work

Back
Top Bottom