Help Floppy neck Silkie Chick!

Just went outside and one of the other silkies was dead...no warning, was fine yesterday! I am devastated! Are the other 2 healthy ones going to die? I hate this!!!!

HI Hope your hen gets well soon!!!! As i saw many people has posted here so i've decided to post too and see if any of you guys can help me with my baby chick problem!!! Well last Friday Sept-7-2012 my hen hatch 6 beautiful chicks but the thing is that one of them cant stand up or even get his neck up!!! He kinds of gets in this fetal position like when they are inside the egg I dont know why!!!! I have taken the little guy apart and i have been feeding him by hand!!!! He stills eats and drinks when i feed him so thats a thumps up!!! Ohhh also he likes flips backwards!!!!! i dont know what to dooo plissss help!!!!!

I guess what confuses me is that the wry neck came first...she was eating great...standing up, very active..just had the wry neck.,,by the way, the bloody poops have stopped. It's just normal poop now...but I don't know...Grrr....it's so frustrating to not know what is really going on! :-(

Treating with corid won't hurt either way..so I would do that first. You don't have to see blood in poop for them to have coccidia.. When on the ground I always worm my three month olds with safe guard.

Wry neck can start from any stress on the body that may deplete vitamins and minerals.... If her body was fighting something off it could have triggered it. It is not fully known the reasons that cause it..but stress is a factor.

To the one with the chick that can't stand or hold up head. Take a tall narrow glass like a tall shot glass. Put a paper towel in it. Place chick in glass in a.correct position..feet under it...neck out stretched up. He should beable to rest his head up on the towel. This puts him a correct position and helps himover the muscles in a more correct way. It has to be snug around him for this. If in a few days no improvement then id put it down. If it ever happens again..do the glass trick as soon as possible. It often fixes.day olds. ...

Back
Top Bottom