HELP FOR FEEDING MY GEESE!

Porter Dobslaw

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2020
Hey I have two geese that are almost 4 months old... Mix of african and white china I think.
They won't eat grass in our yard but they eat the grain from a bowl. Anything else they don't eat. How do I get them to eat grass. Here are some pictures of them. Male is beaker and he looks at the camera. female is cuddles.
IMG_20200907_164713140.jpg
IMG_20200907_164713140.jpg
IMG_20200907_164942017.jpg

Aww they’re so cute! The reason they may not be wanting to eat the grass is because they likely prefer the grain. Try only giving them grass and they’ll choose that since that will be their only option.

What else have you tried? The grass might be too long and too mature for them to eat. They like grass that is only 1-2". Have you tried shredded lettuce? That's the greens I start with.

What else have you tried? The grass might be too long and too mature for them to eat. They like grass that is only 1-2". Have you tried shredded lettuce? That's the greens I start with.
Yes we have tried lettuce but they don't seem to like it that much anymore. We also tried spinach till we found out it is bad for them.

Well, domestic geese (correct me if I’m wrong) can’t usually live off JUST grass, can they?

Depends on what kind of vegetation is available for them, in the spring/summer, most of their diet consists of greens, granted you have enough land, but once you reach late fall/winter, grass/weed availability is low, therefore supplemental grains are usually required.

Back
Top Bottom