Help for goose egg that isn't progressing-- Baby is OUT!

I just checked on this baby, it's alive & loud! But not making much progress on its own. I gently pushed the membrane away, enlarged the hole a bit more. No more bleeding from the membrane, thank God. It's at a point where it could push itself out if it wanted to, I'm trying to be patient. It's back under mama hen. I'll check again before bed. Wondering if I should give it all the hours overnight to push itself out before prying off more shell...

It had been an hour since I last checked on/loosened the gosling in the egg. I peeked under Mama and saw a wet little baby all the way OUT! Thank you Jesus! I didn't want to disturb either of them any more tonight, I'll check tomorrow to see the condition of the baby and what sex it is. I hope it's developmentally all right, no deformity that caused it to hatch slow.

I'm really relieved that I didn't kill it by causing its membrane to bleed this morning!

I checked on Mama Q-Tip and her baby this morning, Baby was tucked far under Mama's breast and she was crouched protectively over it. Baby is still a little damp on the end and wobbly, but fully formed and the yolk is completely absorbed. I think it's a girl, unless its fluff dries even lighter. Thanks be to God!

Yay!! Congratulations!
There is usually nothing wrong with them when they hatch slow. I had one duck I had to help out because it was too large for the egg!
Way too large. So it was actually super healthy, just couldn't negotiate in the egg to hatch. Geese are usually a little slower, and the humidity under your hen may have been less than under a goose, which could also account for slow hatching.
Goslings are so fun! You will have fun bonding with this little one.

Back
Top Bottom