Help for incubators.Thank

mariolo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
Hello I am new to the forum.I live in Italy.And i have a friend in Malawi (Africa).I want buy a little incubators for him.he does not have electricity connections.I help him for connections now but it no good because one moment is there one moment no.
I want buy a good little incubators for chicken with pannel solar and I can cheaply send in Malawi.
Thank.
Mario

frow.gif
Welcome to the forum!!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!
frow.gif

I've not worked in Malawi but have worked in Africa and Asia. In parts, electrical power can be very uncertain, even in big cities. I understand your problem. I don't have any real solution for you though. Since you need power day and night, I'd think the batteries needed for nighttime power would make it prohibitively expensive. I hope someone on here can prove me wrong.

Okay after some some research. a 55 watt solar panel is around $350 then a battery to charge plus a 12v to 120v converter to run around 55 watts around $80 so it's going to be expensive. Plus the cost of the incubator.

Thank.
But I think it is very expensive.Because 400$ it is only for small incubator.What do you think?
thank you very much for your research.
Mario

I bet you could rig something up with a peltier having the "hot" side facing the incubator. Maybe a candle warming the cold side heatsink could improve efficiency.

In the end it might be cheaper and more reliable to help him source a few consistently broody hens. Providing consistent heat takes a lot of energy.

The incubator "cabinet" could be constructed out of locally sourced materials.

Incukit sells a 12 v DC version of their incubator kit I believe.

Hope this helps! And
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom