Help for my lil chicken!

chickluvinmama

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 15, 2014
I have a 3 1/2 month old chicken. Yesterday, I noticed her laying in one spot, feathers fluffed up, and eyes closed. Now, after bringing her inside, giving her food and water, she has a bubble of water on her throat and chest area? I did squeeze it a little and she spit up bubbles and water (like she was drooling). My daughter would love to save her...any suggestions? We are new to the chickens and want to do it right:)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like a crop issue. You need to massage her crop area and try and make her vomit. Do not give her oil. Avoid treats too. Limit her food intake for the first day. Make sure she drinks.

Here is a link of another place to post
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck!
hugs.gif

Thank you so much! I did massage it and she drooled a lot of fluid out. It looked painful when I did it. Clucky's eyes kept closing (we have named our chickens). I will message her again and let her rest.

So, after a much closer look, I see food floating around in the fluid in the bubble on her neck/chest area?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your chicken.
hugs.gif
If you haven't already, I would definitely post in the Emergencies section of the forums. Good luck with her!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry to hear about your chicken! I would definitely post in the Emergencies section. Good luck!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So sorry about your baby.
hugs.gif
Yes, it could be crop related or an impaction. Read this article on crop ailments and maybe this will help her...https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/a-crop-story

Definitely post in our emergency section for more help. I sure hope you can get her back to good health soon.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom