Help fox attack!

torgersontrevor

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
A fox just attacked one of my chickens! I was able to protect my chicken however the chicken was inflicted major wounds. Just some puncture wounds nothing that looks to bad. However I fear that the fox broke my chickens neck. Currently I have her in a kennel I hate to put her in there :( but I have her in the kennel so she doesn't have to travel far to eat, drink, and sleep. Please I need some help/advise. What should I do? I think I know what to do but that is going to be my last resort.... put the chicken to rest :'( And that is something I DONT want to jump too. I'll also send some pictures. I did but some medicine on her so no infections will set in...

This is my girl :( its sad to see her like this I just need her to get better. I apologize if the photos are graphic. I just need help :(

It doesn't look to me like her neck is broken, but it is possible that there is some nerve damage from the bites. That damage may or may not repair itself if given time. I personally would wait a few days and see what happens. Keep cleaning the wounds daily to prevent infection, and try to get her to eat/drink. Vitamins/electrolytes in her water will help with the stress, and she may appreciate some different, more enticing feeds--try some scrambled eggs, moistened regular chicken feed, mealworms, fruit, or bread.

I'm sorry I can't help more. Good luck with her!

Back
Top Bottom