Help! Getting babies in a week. Confused on feed

I do get your point about being picky about what they do/don’t eat. We’ve had less of an issue with our chicks on S&P than our adults. I feed the adults 1/2 S&P and 1/2 a non-GMO crumble, then take the leftover fine meal from the S&P and make a mash for their evening treat a couple times a week.

I haven’t had issues with the grain size with my chicks before, but that’s good to note. I do refrain from refilling their feeder until they’ve gotten it quite low just to try and get them to eat more of the mix. I also found that putting a tray under the feeder - so that they have a surface without flake to scratch around on for feed they’ve kicked out of the feeder - seems to cut back on the amount they avoid.

There are so many options for food it’s a little overwhelming.. where do I start?? I get day old chicks next week. What do I need to know/buy? What’s the best option?

I’ve decided on everything but the food/any supplements. Also does it matter which brand of electrolytes I buy?
I use this I have never had peoblems with vitiam deficiency or anything there is a non meticated version to. I think most would agree that purina is pretty quality for chickens. I use this for babies for the first 16 weeks
Screenshot_20220326-013348_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220326-013348_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom